Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Missing the Obvious

I had another small revelation while reading Desiring God this week. In one chapter, he is talking about Scripture and has a segment of testimony from George Muller. Muller says, "...the first great and primary business to which I ought to attend every day was, to have my soul happy in the Lord." To me, that means I should go away from my quiet times with my soul satisfied in the Lord.
As I said in my last post, I am good at getting through the study, but I realized after reading the above that I am not really taking the time to be "full" in God. I lost the vision I need to take something away and have something to chew on during my day.
Well, that should be obvious, you might say. Yes, sad, isn't it? Going through the motions became one of those habits I suppose I slipped into over time, I guess. But, praise the Lord, He will be patient while we slooowwwllly change to be more like Him.

No comments: