Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Oh, the Places You'll Go with Weather.com

I just got back from a recent trip to Colorado. Now those of you who know me are thinking, she didn't go to Colorado! Well, I did, albeit virtually. You see, I have an addiction to weather.com. I really like to follow the weather and look at the radar when we have rain or other weather coming. One of the nifty semi-new features on weather.com's site is to let you be able to move to different parts of the country via radar to see the weather.

I like to go one step further and zoom in on different areas that I enjoy visiting, like my parents, my in-laws, my sister-in-law, although I have been unable to find her exact apartment building, New York City, and today, Estes Park. I have fond childhood memories of visiting my great aunt who lived off of Devil's Gulch road outside of Estes Park. We had several family reunions there and had fun sitting around a campfire and hiking on her property. When she sold her 10 acres a few years ago Kevin and I briefly considered looking into buying it until we saw it cost $600K - about $500K out of our price-range!!

I also have some great memories from visiting Estes Park as an adult. I have gone there with my family, staying in the above cabin, Meeker Peek, which is what I saw today via radar. Kevin and I went alone for a get-away last year when he had business in Boulder, staying in a cabin called Riversong, a quaint little place right by the St. Vrain River. Thanks to modern technology, and a good memory of roads leading to the Meeker Peek cabin, I got to revisit it via satellite today. An easy way to go to Colorado, although seeing the cabins and town from the air isn't nearly the same as being there. I hope to return to Estes Park soon - one of my favorite places to visit.

No comments: