Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Why is Creationism Assumed to be Non-Scientific?

After reading in today's editorial section of the Dallas Morning News about how "intelligent design is a religious and not a scientific alternative to Darwinian evolution", I shake my head and sigh. I think evolutionists think we Christians just blindly believe that God created the earth without seeing any evidence for it. But that is the point - there is LOTS of evidence that God created the universe.

The more that is discovered by looking at the fossil record, geology formations made by catastrophic means (think Mt. St. Helen's), the more there is evidence that indeed God, and not chance formed the world. And it just makes so much more sense. There is still no evidence in a complete fossil record that plants and/or animals have slowly changed over the years from one kind to another either. I think evolution takes a lot more faith than creation.

Some resources I have enjoyed reading are Answers magazine, The Geology Book by Dr. John Morris, Footprints in the Ash by Morris and Austin, and It Couldn't Just Happen by Lawrence Richards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was recommended this website by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're incredible!
Thanks!

my homepage ... woodworking advice